POKEMON ASCENDANTS

WELCOME TO THE ASCENDANT LEAGUE WE HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR SAY IF YOUR NOT A MEMBER PLEASE SIGN UP

SIGNED THE ARCENDANTS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

POKEMON ASCENDANTS

WELCOME TO THE ASCENDANT LEAGUE WE HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR SAY IF YOUR NOT A MEMBER PLEASE SIGN UP

SIGNED THE ARCENDANTS

POKEMON ASCENDANTS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
POKEMON ASCENDANTS

WELCOME TO THE ASCENDANT LEAGUE

pokemon wars will soon begin
the pokemon wars teams have been mad what team will you join team skies team dark and team ascendat only fate will tell the battle to ascend begins

Latest topics

» GM says Bills need to fix pass rush, sign Johnson
Activision's Warcraft loses steam, Call of duty shines I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 9:32 pm by xiaojin

» Activision's Warcraft loses steam, Call of duty shines
Activision's Warcraft loses steam, Call of duty shines I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 12:06 am by yidiandiana

» Best Buy offering free HTC smartphone with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 purchase
Activision's Warcraft loses steam, Call of duty shines I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 10:59 pm by youxieshi

» Steve Jobs' sister: 'Death didn't happen to Steve, he achieved it'
Activision's Warcraft loses steam, Call of duty shines I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 3:04 am by youshiyinianla

» Malkin scores in shootout as Penguins rally to beat Islanders 3-2
Activision's Warcraft loses steam, Call of duty shines I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 10:49 pm by zhendeainia

» Ravens shut out by Jacksonville defense
Activision's Warcraft loses steam, Call of duty shines I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 3:23 am by weishinia

» FINAL Platypus Diaries Part 10
Activision's Warcraft loses steam, Call of duty shines I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 6:26 am by qiheitiann

» the site has moved
Activision's Warcraft loses steam, Call of duty shines I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 11:09 pm by Syiko♂

»  favorite rpg series of a 8) ll time?
Activision's Warcraft loses steam, Call of duty shines I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 3:31 pm by Syiko♂

Activision's Warcraft loses steam, Call of duty shines

yidiandiana

Activision's Warcraft loses steam, Call of duty shines Empty Activision's Warcraft loses steam, Call of duty shines

Post by yidiandiana Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:06 am

The largest U.S. video games publisher raised its earnings outlook due to strong demand for its top shooter title, which began selling midnight Tuesday. But Wall Street fretted over the loss of subscriptions to the online fantasy game, one of its top profit generators.

Also on Tuesday, smaller rival Take-Two Interactive reported a cheap jerseys free shipping net loss warning that top sports title "NBA 2K11" would take a sales hit because of labor strife that has delayed the start of the National Basketball Association season. Its shares dipped 2.5 percent.)

Activision Blizzard shares had gained initially after its improved earnings outlook, but reversed to fall more than 3 percent in after-hours trading. Its shares touched a 52-week high during the regular session on Tuesday.

Halfway through a results conference call, executives said it finished the quarter with 10.3 million active subscribers to World of Warcraft, the online role-playing game that generated more than a $1 billion in revenue last year.

That was down from 11.1 million subscribers at the end of the previous quarter.

"This trend is not good, especially when this business is cheap football jerseys their bedrock, their most profitable revenue-recurring business," said Wedbush Securities analyst Michael Pachter.

Pachter added that this steep dropoff in regular-paying users makes the company more vulnerable to its main rival, Electronic Arts, which is releasing a highly anticipated online game based on "Star Wars" in December.

Activision said on the conference call it was working on developing new content to improve its game.

The company raised its earnings per share forecast for the year by 10 percent because it now expects the latest version of "Call of Duty" to perform better than it had planned. The game went on sale at midnight on Tuesday and stores such as GameStop and Wal-Mart stayed cheap baseball jerseys opened late so the game's fans could buy it early.

"It's on track to be the most successful 'Call of Duty' game ever," Chief Executive Bobby Kotick said in an interview. He added pre-orders of the game were higher than last year's.

The last edition of "Call of Duty" generated $1 billion in revenue in less than two months at the end of 2010, which set an industry record.

Analysts were surprised that Activision raised its earnings outlook NHL Jerseys Cheap on Tuesday so soon after its latest game came out.

"The Street wasn't expecting this but the game launched last night so Activision must have a pretty good feel for how things are going," said Sterne Agee analyst Arvind Bhatia.

NEW SERVICE

Activision now expects earnings per share of 85 cents on revenue of snsbars $4.25 billion for 2011. This beat even the highest analyst estimate of 82 cents per share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.

It previously expected earnings per share of 77 cents on revenue of $4.05 billion.

To go along with the game, Activision is releasing "Call of Duty Elite," a new subscription service that costs $50 annually and offers extra online content, including apps for mobile devices.

But gamers who used the service on Tuesday faced technical problems, cheap nfl jerseys which Activision said was because more people signed up than expected, overwhelming the network. The company's CEO told Reuters on Tuesday the company would fix the problem shortly.

"We run 32 data centers around the world, so we're pretty good at addressing these issues," Kotick said.

Taking into account the deferral of digital revenue from online games, its third-quarter revenue fell 27 percent to $627 million. That beat analysts' expectations of $558.4 million.

The revenue drop was expected by analysts, since the company released a new version of the popular game, "StarCraft" in the same quarter a year ago.

Adjusted for revenue from online games, it posted earnings per share of 7 cents, which beat Wall Street's expectations of 2 cents per share.

Activision shares were trading about 45 cents lower at $13.48 in after-hours trading.

Take-Two's stock was down at $15.26 after-hours. CEO Strauss Zelnick told investors on its conference call that the lockout could hurt "NBA 2K11", but would not elaborate.

"We are seeing some impact from the lockout, and it's not positive," Zelnick said. In an interview, he declined to comment on how big the impact of sales would be.
    http://mohamed-nour.forumactif.ws/t9-activision-s-warcraft-loses-steam-call-of-duty-shines
    Bhatia, the Sterne Agee analyst, expects 20 percent lower sales of the game without a basketball season.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:39 pm